Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Baking

The baking season is here!!! (on which calender..? I don't know)

It's just me baking some stuff again.


Sometimes in life, there is old mushy bananas laying on the counter.

When there's old mushy bananas laying on the counter, they usually go into muffins or smoothies.

So, today I decided to make some muffins!


Mmm the smell from the oven was so yummy.

I googled for a recipe and came to this: Banana Crumb Muffins .

I tweaked it a little bit because I knew my old baking powder won't have any power.

Instead I changed the following:

Baking soda to: 1/4tsp baking soda + 1/2 c sour cream (got the conversion from another site)
Bananas to: 2 bananas
Butter to: 4 tbsp butter

Worked pretty well. But somehow I screwed the crumb topping. You can see the blots of butter on there, and the crumb was so crumbly, perhaps there is too much flour.

It was fun baking, looks like I will be going back to baking.




No comments:

Post a Comment