Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Home made naan and Indian curry from paste!


I went to the world market the other day to buy some nice coffee beans, and while I was there, I also picked up a packet of Indian curry paste.


Along with the curry, I decided to make naan... from scratch!!


I saw couple of youtube videos about making home made naan, and made a little twist on the recipe from one of the videos.

I even used my brand new rolling pin (yeeeeea!).

Originally, I was planning to use the oven to bake these, but at the end decided to use the grill instead.



There's grill marks on them, and they also had some grill flavor. 

Turned out not bad, but next time I would keep in mind to not make it too thin. Fluffy naan tastes much better then crispy naan.

So the tip I got from youtube videos is to have soft dough, bake at high temperature, and butter it at the end.

I love naan, and I want to make these again whenever we have Indian curry for dinner!



1 comment:

  1. The naan you made looks really good. I don't even know how to make that.

    ReplyDelete