Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Jasmine tea

I always have a big pitcher of jasmine tea in the refrigerator, so I basically drink it instead of water. I was wondering if jasmine tea has some benefits or negatives.

From my googling of "jasmine tea," I found out that it is a form of green tea. It does have caffeine, but not as much compared to other teas.


One website lists 5 reasons why it is a healthy drink:

1. Powerful antioxidants
2. Promotes weight loss
3. Reduces fat, cholesterol absorption
4. Helps prevent cancer
5. Calms your nerves.

It definitely reduces fat absorption. After a big fatty meal, I like to drink hot jasmine tea because it almost feels like it melts the fat inside your stomach. I always feel refreshed after drinking it even after a heavy meal.

With that said, I think it's not great to drink it on an empty stomach.

I remember drinking iced sweet tea made with jasmine tea from a vendor type place that served chinese food. It was so good especially because it was such a hot day outside.

Next time when I make a big pot of jasmine tea, I'm considering putting sugar to make sweet tea for my pitcher in my refrigerator. I need to figure out how much sugar I need to put. I don't know if I really want to know this because it probably will require hundreds of pounds of sugar to taste as good as the sweet tea that are served at restaurants.

Some things are probably better not known.

No comments:

Post a Comment