Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Shampoo and hair stuff

I decided to use the amazon associates, because I was looking for a way to post pictures that I don't need to transfer from my camera to the computer. I think this amazon associates will work for me. :D

Right now, I'm using the Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth shampoo & conditioner, and I think its making my hair a little too oily at the top. It might be because I'm using too much conditioner. It's a bad habit that I have from winter when my scalp was so dry. I love the smell of herbal essences though.


Since the shampoo & conditioner that I'm using right now is almost running out, I will be on the hunt for a next set of shampoo & conditioner. My hair is getting pretty dry at the bottom because of color and straightening chemicals. It seems like the herbal essences isn't moisturizing my ends that great. So I think I will look for a shampoo that is for color treated hair.

Because my head was pretty oily today, I was in need of clean non-oily hair. I made sure not to put too much conditioner at the top of my hair. While blow drying my hair, I was telling myself not to put any cream or any moisturizing product in my hair. I wanted NOTHING on my hair for a change. After my hair was completely dried, obviously without thinking, I put on some hair cream. I was telling myself not to put anything on my hair, but totally forgot about it in 10 seconds. Wow.

I like the hair cream that I'm using though. It's not too oily, it reduces frizz, and it's good to put on before going to sleep. It's called "Tsubaki Chan" (椿ちゃん). I got this in Japan, and it has tsubaki oil in it, which is said to be good for the hair.

Before I had my hair straightened chemically, my hair was so frizzy and wavy. To reduce the puffiness, I used the tsubaki oil. I'm not sure how pure the oil is, but it was "oil" and not a hair cream. I think tsubaki oil is a Japanese thing, because I never see any oil for hair in the U.S.
It made the hair pretty oily, but it definitely reduced the puffy volume of my my hair. Besides the weird oil smell, it's a really good product to use on frizzy puffy hair. Thanks to the hair straightening that I got, I don't really need to put the oil anymore. Tsubaki hair cream works good for now, and it smells much better than the oil. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment